The Nagios: Reloaded (Rewriting Nagios)

Jeff Rodriguez nagios-users at gurugeek.com
Wed Jul 7 14:38:00 CEST 2004

Controlled by one company? Perhaps I should point out that C# is an ECMA
standard: http://msdn.microsoft.com/net/ecma/ C# is as controlled by one
company as C is.

As far as bugs go, it's harder to accidentally write bugs into your code
with C# vs C. C# is a much more easily maintained language, tracking
down bugs when they occur is much easier because of things like
exceptions instead of good ol' segfaults.

The nagios.cfg as an XML file would be just fine IMHO, there's not that
much that you configure and you really hardly ever change it. Hosts.cfg
and services, extinfo, etc should definitely be in a DB, which I've planned.

Jeff