Monitoring Dell stuff?

Jonathan Nichols jnichols at pbp.net
Wed Jul 7 07:11:30 CEST 2004

Greetings all..

	Are any of you using Linux on the Dell PowerEdge boxes? If yes, what
are you using to monitor the RAID status (if you're using RAID) -
currently my method consists of checking /proc/megaraid/hba0/ and doing
this:

jnichols at mailgate hba0 $ sudo cat raiddrives-0-9
Logical drive: 0:, state: optimal
Span depth:  1, RAID level:  1, Stripe size: 64, Row size:  2
Read Policy: Adaptive, Write Policy: Write back, Cache Policy: Direct IO

jnichols at mailgate hba0 $

That method sucks. I need to find something better. :) The Dell RAID
monitoring tools are an absolute joke, and seem to be Red Hat specific
(I don't use Red Hat..using Gentoo)

Has anybody run into this?

Thanks!
-Jonathan

(ps, yes, I checked Google..didn't find a lot, was hoping for personal
experiences)