Sending SNMP traps ?

Igor Sergejeff igor.sergejev at creanord.com
Tue Jul 6 19:33:52 CEST 2004

Hello,

 I would like Nagios to sending SNMP traps to another host. I read the FAQ
about this, saying "If you want to have Nagios send an SNMP trap to a
management host in the event that a particular service has a problem, you
will have to write a service event handler script and add it to the
event_handler option of the service definition. If you have the NET-SNMP
package installed on your host, you could have the script call the snmptrap
command to actually send a trap message, depending on what type of service
event occurred."
Do I need to install NET-SNMP in order to sending traps ? Are there anything
except this to make this working ?

Regards, Igor.