At my wits end with GD libraries! It should w ork!

Novick, Jeff novickj at toysrus.com
Fri Jul 2 17:25:48 CEST 2004

Hi, Tony,
	On a SUSE system (or any other RPM distro) RPM will tell you where
your libraries are installed.
>From a command line: rpm -qil <package-name>

The following example is from my RH 6.2 (old, but still running Netsaint)
system.
Your locations will most likely will different:

#rpm -qil libjpeg-devel
Name        : libjpeg-devel                Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 6b                                Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 10                            Build Date: Fri 04 Feb 2000
09:54:42
 PM EST
Install date: Tue 22 Aug 2000 11:45:09 AM EDT      Build Host:
porky.devel.redha
t.com
Group       : Development/Libraries         Source RPM:
libjpeg-6b-10.src.rpm
Size        : 405010                           License: distributable
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
Summary     : Development tools for programs which will use the libjpeg
library.
Description :
The libjpeg-devel package includes the header files and static libraries
necessary for developing programs which will manipulate JPEG files using
the libjpeg library.

If you are going to develop programs which will manipulate JPEG images,
you should install libjpeg-devel.  You'll also need to have the libjpeg
package installed.
/usr/doc/libjpeg-devel-6b
/usr/doc/libjpeg-devel-6b/coderules.doc
/usr/doc/libjpeg-devel-6b/libjpeg.doc