At my wits end with GD libraries! It should work!

Tony Tissic tonij67 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 2 16:37:33 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I have Nagios running on a Suse system which appears to have everything I
need to get the statusmap/trends cgis working, but any option I give
configure STILL complains with :

*** GD, PNG, and/or JPEG libraries could not be located... *********

Here is what I have verified:

JPEG:
jpeg-6b-731
libjpeg-6.2.0-731
(some researched showed that libjpeg is supposed to include the devel.
libraries for JPEG; is this true?)

PNG:
libpng-1.2.5-182.3
libpng-devel-1.2.5-11tr

GD:
gd-2.0.22-61
php4-gd-4.3.4-26
gdb-6.1-1

Per the instructions I did this:

ldconfig
make clean (more times than I can remember)
configure
configure --with-gd-lib --with-gd-inc
configure
/configure --with-gd-lib=/usr/local/lib --with-gd-inc=/usr/local/include
/configure --with-gd-lib=/usr/lib --with-gd-inc=/usr/include

The only thing I am not real clear on is the location of these mysterious
libraries; how do I know if its in /usr/local or /usr/lib or
/some_other_directory?

Any info helpful here,