Just quick question

David Olbersen DOlbersen at stbernard.com
Thu Jan 29 15:33:39 CET 2004

thilanka wrote:

> when you go to install the plugins on a remote host, do you have to compile
> the
>
> plugins on the remote host or can you just copy the plugins from the Nagios
>
> host's '/usr/local/nagios/libexec/' on the remote host?

If the monitoring server and the remote server are the same OS & version you should be fine. Any custom tweaks (different libraries) may break the Nagios modules.

I've found that all the standard Nagios modules can be compiled once for FreeBSD 3, 4, 5 and then distributed to any machine with one of those version numbers. That is, if I compile on 4.3 I can install them on 4.8 without problem.

If you're using some other operating system, no promises.

--
David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer