Help: Distributed Server Configuration

Wilhelm, John john.wilhelm at frontiercorp.com
Fri Jan 30 22:24:07 CET 2004

Hello nagios users,

I need some help.

I am trying to get a distributed server configured and working.  I have
followed the instruction in the documentation completely. Everything is
working with the exception of the submit_check_result.  If I submit results
manually with submit_check_result script, the central Nagios server receives
the results.

The Nagios core is not executing the submit_check_result command for some
reason.  Nagios on the distributed server is actively checking all
services/hosts it should and loging the results to status.log and
nagios.log. It just is not sending it so the central server.

Central server is running Nagios 1.0. I orginally started with Nagios 1.1 on
the distributed server but went back to Nagios 1.0 thinking it was a
possible version problem (I have not seen any such problem listed on the
nagios-users list).

Out put of my configuration.

# submit_check_result command definition

define command{
	command_name	submit_check_result
	command_line
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/eventhandlers/submit_check_result $HOSTNAME$
'$SERVICEDESC$' '$SERVICESTATE$' '$OUTPUT$'
	}

#nagios.cfg

enable_notifications=0
execute_service_checks=1
obsess_over_services=1
ocsp_command=submit_check_result

submit_check_result is owned by nagios:nagios with 777 permissions. I tried
with 755 as well, no such luck.

I used the submit_check_result script from the documention.  Via command
line it works.

Am I missing anything?  Is there anything else I should check.

Thanks in advanced for your help,
John