mail notification and notification_interval

Neil neil-on-nagios at restricted.dyndns.org
Thu Jan 29 22:18:50 CET 2004

Hey guys,

I got a question on email notifications. Let say we have
notification_interval  5 in of services that we are monitoring, say http.
Now, nagios did a check_http on the server, processed the results and found
out that the http service has died. Does nagios send notifications
immediately or will it wait for 5 minutes before it sends out the
notification?

Thanks.

Neil