Status Map and 3-D Status Map

Frank Pikelner pikelner at rogers.com
Wed Jan 28 06:07:25 CET 2004

>Changing the default radius would be a better fix, although
>it would require it to be configurable.  Calculating the
>default radius so there are no overlaps would be the best
>solution.

It would be nice to be able to abstract the Status Map to a 3rd dimension
such that say I could group a number of sites (site consisting of multiple
LAN nodes) in a city into an icon called NYC. Then I could group all the
cities in a given state with a NY icon, etc. This would permit a drill-down
effect while keeping each layer small and simple.

You could then overlay the logical abstractions of nodes over say a map of a
country, or data center (if logical components are hosted environments),
etc.

Just a thought...

Frank Pikelner