service dependency

Hu Thomas Pan thomaspan at usa.net
Wed Jan 28 02:25:16 CET 2004

Service dependency could be across machines or within one machine. Use
George's case. Suppose George's web application is dependent on database.
The central database is a remote Oracle one. Certain amount of data is
cashed locally on the same boxy using MySQL. If local MySQL is down, HTTP is
down. If remote Oracle database is down, local HTTP is down.

If I am wrong, please correct me. Currently, dependency only supports
multiple to multiple relationship. It doesn't support one to one well, which
means that I have to write one dependency for each of one-to-one dependency.

Best,
Thomas