differences: nrpe and nsclient

Neil neil-on-nagios at restricted.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 27 02:09:14 CET 2004

One thing I noticed with nsclient is being insecure. Is there a way to
protect it without using microsoft's ip filtering? Just like how nrpe treats
it, you can specify an ip address that will be calling it.

I know, I can run Performance in the control panel. But maybe, you have a
other list of performance counters there that are very useful for
monitoring. Just like the one you mentioned, IIS hits.

Thanks.