Rép. : [Nagios-users] Processor Load

Serveur-Faucon Surveillance SrvFaucon at cslaval.qc.ca
Mon Jan 26 17:19:10 CET 2004

You should have no problem at all.

I run a 1100 services check with time interval ranging from 1 to 30 minutes,
with the GUI of redhat9 and no problem at all.

I have a 2.5Ghz with 1GB of RAM.

Alex

>>> "Jamin Cleveland" <jamin at skyriver.net> 2004-01-23 17:48:16 >>>
All,

I am configuring Nagios 1.1 to run on a RH 9 box with a Pentium 4 2.5Ghz
CPU, and 1GB of RAM.  I will need to monitor up/down status on around
1,000 hosts with roughly 1,500 services.

Is this something I can reasonably expect to do on this one machine with
a Normal Check Interval of 1 minute?

Currently I have 66 hosts setup with 78 services, and my CPU load
quickly climbs through the roof.  Is there some sort of throttling I
have not configured, or does Nagios just use whatever CPU is available?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Jamin

any issue.