contrib check_snmp_disk_monitor.pl

Al Tobey tobeya at tobert.org
Mon Jan 26 19:25:04 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 12:28, James Kelty wrote:
> Is anyone using the check_snmp_disk_monitor.pl script? And, if so,
> have you noticed that it consistenly reports 2-5 % LESS utilization
> than is actually used (on Linux anyway)? I am using the ucd-snmp 4.2.5
> that ships with RHEL AS v2.1.

Can you please send me output from both your df and from the plugin?  If
there is a bug, I will fix it and post a link here.  Also, please let me
know which filesystem you're monitoring -  it may be that the difference
in utilization is due to how snmpd gathers disk information as opposed
to how df does.

For example, the host resources MIB only reports the number of blocks
allocated instead of how many bytes are actually consumed.  This is
probably where the 2-3% you're seeing is coming from and it's likely
that any other snmp plugin will have the same problem.

> Also, can someone point me to a better snmp disk monitor than this
> one? Thanks a lot!
Gee, you're welcome.

--
Al Tobey <tobeya at tobert.org>