Host up, services down.help me

Fernando dos Santos Camargo fernandosc at planetarium.com.br
Thu Jan 22 19:31:55 CET 2004

Hello people, i have Nagios Monitoring my network and my service definition is
like this:
define service{
        name                            generico
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        parallelize_check               1
        check_period                    24x7
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_interval           120
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 0
        notifications_enabled           1
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        is_volatile                     0
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           3
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  telecom
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        register                        0
        }

My hosts definition is this:

define host{
        name                            generico
        notifications_enabled           0
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        checks_enabled                  1
        check_command                   check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts              10
        notification_interval           60
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            d,u,r
        register                        0
        }

I will explain my problem:
I have one HOST and its SERVICES is DOWN, but the HOST is not down( i tested a
ping and its ok), therefore nagios should not include the HOST at "hosts down
list", but nagios is including this host and mark it as a down host.
What would i have to do?
I think that nagios should include the host marking it as a DOWN HOST only if
the host dont respond.

Thanks!

Fernando dos Santos Camargo