parents question again

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 22 21:02:21 CET 2004

--On Thursday, January 22, 2004 1:53 PM -0600 Marc Powell <marc at ena.com>
wrote:

> You continually disparage the developers on this subject but I have yet
> to see any kind of proposal from you for a workable alternative
> solution. This sounds like a great opportunity for you to put together a
> proposal that details what you believe the correct behaviour should be
> and pseudocode/logic for how it would be implemented from configuration
> to notification to display. A documented patch would be even better.
>
> In other words, if you don't like the current behavior, do something
> about it.

Marc,

Hm, I'm sorry if people think I'm disparaging Nagios -- I love how it works
overall, and it has become our main monitoring software here @ Stanford.
And I have offered in idea a solution that at least on the surface appears
that it would have a minimal impact on how nagios already operates overall,
which is to simply tell nagios what its parent switch is.  I'd be happy to
poke at the source at some point myself, once I get past working with
OpenLDAP.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount