Question about notification logic...

Christophe BELMONT (NOC) christophe.belmont at c-s.fr
Thu Jan 22 16:23:42 CET 2004

Hi all,

Here is a phrase taken from the Documentation:
"If (1) a notification was already sent out about a problem with the
host or service at some point in the past and (2) the host or service
has remained in the same non-OK state that it was when the last
notification went out. => Then a notification is sent out..."

Here is what I have in my network:
Contacts are configured to be contacted only once "notification_interval
= 0". My service goes into a WARNING HARD state and sends en email to
the contact. After a short while, the same service goes into a CRITICAL
HARD state directly from the HARD WARNING. In this case, I would expect
the contact to be re-contacted again because it is still in a Non-OK
state but it is not the same Non-OK state... Nagios does not send any
email !!

Has someone already experienced this problem in the past and/or does
someone know a workaround?
Thanks in advance,
Christophe.