Check for HP Printers

Brian Hendrix bhendrix at stthomas.org
Wed Jan 21 19:41:44 CET 2004

Dan,

Can you elaborate on the last part of your message:
lpq/rlpq | egrep 'this|that|theotherthing'

I have been a Unix Administrator for 11 years and understand the
command, just not the context of how it would be run in relation to
check_tcp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ><> ~~~
Brian Hendrix
Team Leader
DTR Services
Saint Thomas Health Services
2000 Church Street
Nashville, TN  37236

bhendrix at stthomas.org
(615) 284-5297 (work)
(615) 222-1704 (fax)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever you do, do your work heartily,
as for the Lord rather than for men
    - Colossians 3:23
~~~ ><> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 08:35, Brian Hendrix wrote:
> I've looked through several websites and still not having any
success.
> Is there plugin for monitoring HP printers? I am running Nagios on
> RedHat Linux Enterprise v3.
>
> Thanks in advance,

I'd probably do no more than ping an HP printer. The ones I've had
experience with did a horrible job of multitasking. One would even
consistently freeze up if I just telnet'd to 9000 on it.

But if you want to see if it works (hey, maybe they've improved, it's
been a while), you could probably check_tcp 515 and/or 9000. Or even
lpq/rlpq | egrep 'this|that|theotherthing'.

--
Dan Stromberg DCS/NACS/UCI < strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu >

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, contains
information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended
only for the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient or the
person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that
you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, distribution,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error, please purge it immediately and notify the sender.