redundancy and services

Basile Mathieu Basile.Mathieu at siris.sorbonne.fr
Tue Jan 20 12:38:35 CET 2004

hi
thanks for your answer
here is my config for the redundancy

i have obsess_over_services= 1
         oscp_command=submit_check_result_via_nsca

in nagos.cfg

i have the check_external_comand = 1

in the nagios.cfg of the slave .

here is the script submit_check_result_via_nsca

#!/bin/sh

# SUBMIT_CHECK_RESULT_VIA_NSCA
# Written by Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
# Last Modified: 07-19-2001
#
# This script will send passive check results to the
# nsca daemon that runs on the central Nagios server.
# If you simply want to submit passive checks from the
# same machine that Nagios is running on, look at the
# submit_check_result script.
#
# Arguments:
#  $1 = host_name (Short name of host that the service is
#       associated with)
#  $2 = svc_description (Description of the service)
#  $3 = return_code (An integer that determines the state
#       of the service check, 0=OK, 1=WARNING, 2=CRITICAL,
#       3=UNKNOWN).
#  $4 = plugin_output (A text string that should be used
#       as the plugin output for the service check)s
#
#
# Note:
# Modify the NagiosHost parameter to match the name or
# IP address of the central server that has the nsca
# daemon running.

# Under Linux, the -e option to /bin/echo enables the
# interpretation of tab and newline characters.
echocmd="/bin/echo -e"

NscaBin="/usr/sbin/send_nsca"
NscaCfg="/etc/nagios/send_nsca.cfg"
NagiosHost="ip_of_slave"

# create the command line to add to the command file
cmdline="$1;$2;$3;$4"

$echocmd "$1\t$2\t$3\t$4\n" | $NscaBin $NagiosHost -c $NscaCfg

# EOF