check_nt and "Connection refused by host"

Neil neil-on-nagios at restricted.dyndns.org
Sat Jan 17 05:15:53 CET 2004

Thomas.Schweikle at fiducia.de writes:

> This is a bit more universal than my setup, but does not help with the
> error I am receiving:
> ~> /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nt \
>>  -H xcnlm04s.fag.fiducia.de -p1248 \
>>  -v SERVICESTATE -l TermService
> Connection refused by host
>
> The Host rejects my request! So again: how do I have to set up my Host to
> make this command work?

Here is how I wrote mine:

#services.cfg

define service{
       use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use

       host_name                       winxp
       service_description             Terminal Services
       is_volatile                     0
       check_period                    24x7
       max_check_attempts              3
       normal_check_interval           5
       retry_check_interval            1
       contact_groups                  xp-admins
       notification_interval           5
       notification_period             24x7
       notification_options            c,r
       check_command
check_nrpe!check_service_TerminalServices
       }

#c:\nrpe\bin\nrpe.cfg
command[check_service_TerminalServices]=c:\windows\system32\cscript.exe
//NoLogo //T:10 c:\nrpe\chkwin_service.wsf TermService

I am using check_nrpe on the nagios server ang nrpe_nt on my windows xp.
It's workine fine. I have another check and that is check_tcp!3389 and it's
used to check if something went wrong with connections such as somebody
played with the firewall rules which resulted to port 3389 being blocked.