shared ip on the same host

Chuck chuck at sbbsnet.net
Wed Jan 14 17:10:48 CET 2004

I have several hosts that I am monitoring multiple services on unique ip
addresses, but only want the single host machine to show up in the status
map. I have images defined for the host itself and that shows up fine, but
the map shows question marks for the other services on that machine since i
had to define hosts for each ip address. I want to eliminate those question
marks.

Since they are separate ip addresses for the services, and the services are
bound to those ips only, i cannot monitor just the host primary ip for it
all, so I set up separate host names for each ip address.

Is there a way of consolidating this? I dont think a multiple address listing
under one host would work even if it were allowed simply because there is no
way to tell the individual tests which address to use for which test.

or did i miss something important here?

--

Chuck

"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,
and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath
or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose
for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. "
The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book