MODERATION REQUEST -- namecalling, sniping and other childish behavior

Paul L. Allen pla at softflare.com
Wed Jan 14 11:04:59 CET 2004

Joe Rhett writes:

> My only statement regarding your writing is that insults are not
> technical contributions, and detract from the list.

That is a reasonable viewpoint to hold.  I cannot fault you for
believing that the list should contain only technical contributions
and for believing that insults detract from the list.  I may disagree
with that viewpoint, but I cannot fault you for holding it.

> You are a serious piece of work.  Get some help.

And then you insult me.  Ummm, do you see any problem with that paragraph
you wrote?  Something to do with pots and kettles, perhaps?  It would
appear that you do not believe that you should follow the same standards
you wish to impose upon others.

[Another large quantity of unnecessarily-quoted material snipped]

As you can see, I snipped all the stuff you quoted that was unnecessary.
I believe unnecessarily-quoted material should be snipped by others and,
unlike you, I try to behave in the same way that I wish others would: I
say unnecessarily-quoted material should be snipped and behave
consistently by snipping it myself.  You believe insults detract from the
list yet insult me on the list.

I'd call you a hypocrite, but you would deem that an insult even though
your own post shows that to be an objective fact.  In one paragraph you
inform us that insults detract from the list and in the very next
paragraph you insult me.  Let me guess: it was meant to be humour that
fell flat, just like when you insulted somebody by calling him a
content-nazi.

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support