Problem with NRPE

Joe Rhett jrhett at isite.net
Tue Jan 13 23:35:20 CET 2004

> >Besides, I have a threaded mail viewer.
>
> Gosh, that's handy. If somebody responds to a post that's a couple
> of days old without quoting anything at all you can spend extra time

Hm... Good.  Let's argue points that weren't raised at all.  *plonk*

> I mention this merely because others try to justify top-posting because
> it's quicker for them to do it that way, even if it's harder for others
> to follow.  Of course, if everyone saves time by top-posting, because
> everyone reads more posts than they make, then everyone will end up
> spending far more time trying to make sense of what they read than the
> time they save by top-posting.  To those who say they don't have the
> time to do anything other than top-post, I respond that I don't have the
> time to give them answers to their questions (except I say it in my head
> and simply delete their post).

Again, you are arguing a point I didn't raise.  I read a thousand
messages for every one I write.  I'm not talking about saving time in my
posts, I'm talking about saving time when reading.

> You, sir, are an idiot.  Unfortunately, you are too much of an idiot
> to even realize that you are an idiot.

No, I'm a sensible person who actually responds to the real issue -- not
running off on some random tangent invented inside my head.

On the other hand, you seem to think that insulting someone will solve a
technical problem.  Take your childish attitude problem elsewhere.

--
Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
JRhett at Isite.Net                                      Isite Services, Inc.