failover/redundant situation - 1 host needs to be monitored

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Jan 13 23:34:22 CET 2004

If you're using templates (and you are using templates, aren't you? ;)
), this should be fairly straightforward. Enable notifications globally
but in your template applied to all hosts and services, specify the
notification_period as 'none' (or notifications_enabled=0 if you don't
mind the icon on the web interface). Then, for the host you _do_ want to
get notifications for, set the notification_period to 24x7 or whatever
you fancy.

I'm sure there are other options but that one works well for me.

--
Marc