Problem with NRPE

Joe Rhett jrhett at isite.net
Tue Jan 13 23:25:07 CET 2004

> >Frankly, I used to feel that way and now I'm starting to lean the other
> >way.  After having to scroll down 5 or 6 pages past not only the original
> >content by also the various tag-on advertising that someone does only to
> >find a single line update .... it's stupid.
>
> Most of that can be fixed by people learning to cut and snip
> intelligently...no need to include everyone's signature, or the Ob
> paragraph about how Bob's vacation in Ireland went :) If messages were
> kept short and to the point, having enuf relevant information and no
> extraneous information, it would be worth it to scroll down a page or two
> to see a one-line response.

As compared to seeing the text right at the top?  I agree that for
detailed responses it makes sense to integrate the reply.   But for one
line of text, I just saw what they were replying to as the previous
message.  Don't make me page down past it all just to read one line.

--
Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
JRhett at Isite.Net                                      Isite Services, Inc.