mail notifications

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Jan 13 18:46:22 CET 2004

Your notification interval is currently set to 240 minutes (4 hours) so
I'm not sure why you're getting them every two hours for this service.
Changing it to 5 or 10 should do what you want.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html#service

notification_interval: This directive is used to define the number of
"time units" to wait before re-notifying a contact that this service is
still in a non-OK state. Unless you've changed the interval_length
directive from the default value of 60, this number will mean minutes.
If you set this value to 0, Nagios will not re-notify contacts about
problems for this service - only one problem notification will be sent
out.

> And can also give me some insights about how "notification_options"
can be
> useful in notification. I mean such as, when can "c", "r", "d", or "u"
be
> useful in mail notifications. I couldn't find some help from the
manual.

They're useful (and designed) for specifying what state changes you get
notified for. If you only want to be notified when something goes
critical and then recovers, your notification_options would be 'c,r'. If
you only care to be notified when something is unreachable but not when
it's critical, down or recovering, then your notification_options would
be only 'u'.

See the host and service definition documentation on
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html if it's still
not clear.

--
Marc