mail notifications

Neil neil-on-nagios at restricted.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 13 18:30:47 CET 2004

Hi guys,

I am wondering why I am getting emails in 2 hours interval for this specific
service. Here is what I have in services:

define service{

       host_name                       cluster1
       service_description             Microsoft Cluster Service
       is_volatile                     0
       check_period                    24x7
       max_check_attempts              3
       normal_check_interval           5
       retry_check_interval            1
       contact_groups                  microsoft-admins
       notification_interval           240
       notification_period             24x7
       notification_options            c,r
       check_command
check_nrpe!check_service_ClusterService
       }

How and what should I modify so that nagios will email me in the interval of
5 or 10 minutes?

And can also give me some insights about how "notification_options" can be
useful in notification. I mean such as, when can "c", "r", "d", or "u" be
useful in mail notifications. I couldn't find some help from the manual.

Thanks in advance.

neil