Nagios Status Map - Center of the universe

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 12 22:45:00 CET 2004

--On Monday, January 12, 2004 4:41 PM -0500 Jack Doyle
<jdoyle at lewisgaleclinic.com> wrote:

> Then you need to have the main switch that nagios is plugged into as the
> child of the nagios process (no parent specified).
>
> Everything else should be in relation to that.
>
> i.e. our nagios box is plugged into our core switch.  The core switch
> has no parent specified, therefore it is the child of the nagios
> process.  Other switches are children of that switch, and devices,
> servers, printers, etc, are children of their respective switch.
>
> If I look at our status map, I think it clearly and trufully represents
> our network layout.

Which is how I have ours, but that only works with *1* nagios server, not
*2*, where they are on different switches, in completely different
locations.  You are entirely missing the point I am making here, in that it
is NOT possible currently to build correct status maps for 2 nagios servers
in a failover environment.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount