Nagios Status Map - Center of the universe

Jack Doyle jdoyle at lewisgaleclinic.com
Mon Jan 12 22:41:28 CET 2004

Then you need to have the main switch that nagios is plugged into as the
child of the nagios process (no parent specified).

Everything else should be in relation to that.

i.e. our nagios box is plugged into our core switch.  The core switch
has no parent specified, therefore it is the child of the nagios
process.  Other switches are children of that switch, and devices,
servers, printers, etc, are children of their respective switch.

If I look at our status map, I think it clearly and trufully represents
our network layout.