GD libraries

Johnston Michael J Contr AFRL/DES michael.johnston at kirtland.af.mil
Wed Jan 7 19:09:05 CET 2004

Thank you Ben and Chris.  The devil wasn't going even though it said it was,
so I just did a 'rpm -U libjpeg*' and it then re-compiled GD:

** Configuration summary for gd 2.0.18:

   Support for PNG library:          yes
   Support for JPEG library:         yes
   Support for Freetype 2.x library: no
   Support for Xpm library:          no
   Support for pthreads:             yes

So, I was thinking I was out of the woods, but when I compiled Nagios and
got it all working I went to "Status Map" and I see this error:

========
Server error!

    The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your
request.

    Error message:
    Premature end of script headers: statusmap.cgi

    If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster

Error 500
========

I know that Chris thought that maybe I didn't need to have Freetype or Xpm
installed, but could this be what's causing my problem?  The reason that I'm
wondering if this is the problem is because on my test nagios machine I do
have them all installed (I'm not sure how that happened) and the Status Map
and Trends work just fine.  Any help would be great.  Other  then this,
Nagios is up and running perfect on this machine.

Mike

> > I'm having the worse time trying to get the GD libraries
to see the jpeg
> > libraries.  I do have libjpeg installed, but when I
compile it, it says that

> > the support is not there.  I ve tried using
--with-jpeg=/usr/lib to no
> > avail.  This is what I see:
> >
> > ** Configuration summary for gd 2.0.18:
> >
> >    Support for PNG library:          yes
> >    Support for JPEG library:         no
> >    Support for Freetype 2.x library: no
> >    Support for Xpm library:          no
> >    Support for pthreads:             yes
> >
> > I've looked on the GD website as well as the nagios
FAQ's but I must be
> > missing something.
> >
> > Also, do I need to add Freetype and Xpm in order for
nagios to work with it?