GD libraries

Ben Whaley bwhaley at costrack.com
Wed Jan 7 05:33:48 CET 2004

I had a similar problem and I found that the jpeg and
png libraries needed to be in the LIBS environment variable.
Using tcsh, the command is:

        %setenv LIBS <path>

where <path> is, in your case, /usr/lib.

As far as I know, you don't need Freetype or Xpm support.

Hope that helps,
Ben

---
Boy, times like these are when I wish color pictures could
be transmitted over the net :->
    -- Aug. 1992 USENET post

> > I'm having the worse time trying to get the GD libraries
to see the jpeg
> > libraries.  I do have libjpeg installed, but when I
compile it, it says that

> > the support is not there.  I ve tried using
--with-jpeg=/usr/lib to no
> > avail.  This is what I see:
> >
> > ** Configuration summary for gd 2.0.18:
> >
> >    Support for PNG library:          yes
> >    Support for JPEG library:         no
> >    Support for Freetype 2.x library: no
> >    Support for Xpm library:          no
> >    Support for pthreads:             yes
> >
> > I've looked on the GD website as well as the nagios
FAQ's but I must be
> > missing something.
> >
> > Also, do I need to add Freetype and Xpm in order for
nagios to work with it?
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Mike

> > ::: Please include Nagios version, plugin version (-v)
and OS when reporting any issue.
> > ::: Messages without supporting info will risk being
sent to /dev/null