NRPE 2.0 and AIX 5.1, issues with SSL anyone?

Michael Tucker mtucker at airmail.net
Mon Jan 5 23:27:37 CET 2004

On Monday, January 5, 2004, at 04:04  PM, RyeR at schneider.com wrote:
> Micheal,
>
> Do you have LIBPATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH defined for AIX?
>
> I have about ten 5.1 systems with NRPE 2.0 installed with SSL.  The
> only
> problem I had was the PATH and LIBPATH environment variables.  Also I
> had
> to install prngd to get open-ssl to work correctly in AIX.
>
> Ralph

As I reported in my previous messages,

1) I'm running Solaris 9, not AIX.

2) I've configured the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to include
/usr/local/ssl/lib.

3) I've installed the latest packages of freetype, gcc, jpeg, libpng,
mhash, openssl, and zlib (all from sunfreeware.org); and gd, libmcrypt,
mcrypt, nagios, nagios-plugins, nrpe and nsca (all from their various
support sites, many on SourceForge). All compiled and/or installed
without error. All seem to work correctly and well except for
check_nrpe->nrpe with SSL enabled, which work fine if compiled with
--disable-ssl.

4) I haven't installed prngd (the pseudo-random number generator
daemon). Is this really necessary for check_nrpe->nrpe, which use
anonymous (no certificates) SSL?

Thanks, though, for your reply. Some help is better than none. :-)

Michael