NRPE 2.0 and AIX 5.1, issues with SSL anyone?

Chris Stephens cstephens at distributedtechtonics.com
Mon Jan 5 13:27:54 CET 2004

Hi All,
Has anyone else had any issues running NRPE 2.0 on AIX 5.1? I seem to be
running into an SSL issue with the server piece that I have been unable to
resolve.

I'm building against OpenSSL 0.9.7c with gcc 2.9. The client piece works
great. No issues at all with it. However, the server will not perform a
SSL handshake. No matter what I try it just doesnt seem to like any
connections. I always get a handshake failure of some sort. This same
build configuration works great in my linux environment. This seems to be
specific to AIX. Anyone else seen this?

Regards and thanks,

Chris Stephens
cstephens at distributedtechtonics.com