Stats of Nagios load?

Jag agrajag at dragaera.net
Fri Feb 27 18:51:46 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 12:04, Cal Lidderdale wrote:
> Has anyone done a study as to the amount of system load Nagios does.
>  From what I can "see" the answer is small.   But I've got someone who
> likes "numbers"  :-\

The actual numbers depend.  It depends on what plugins you use and how
often they're called.  What I'd suggest doing is setting it up nagios
and letting it run for a while.  Then check the CGI.  You can go to the
'Scheduling Queue' and see aproximately how far apart your plugins runs
are.  You can also look at 'Performance Info' and see about how long
they run.

I currently have mine setup so that with all the services, it only
checks one every 7 seconds.  And the average run-time for a plugin is
0.256 seconds.  This puts practicaly no load on my system.  Although I
could have it easily checking 20 at once, but I don't have a need for
that.