check_ftp

Paul L. Allen pla at softflare.com
Fri Feb 27 18:47:44 CET 2004

nagios at acmecargo.com writes:

> I though I was clear with my first email. I'll try from a different angle.
> I am currently using check_ftp to check the ftp connection, but the plugin
> does not specify how to log in and verify the user/pass is working. My
> question in my original email was is there a plugin or way with check_ftp
> to actually log in with a user/pass to make sure the FTP server is
> authenticating properly? Included below is the help output from my
> check_ftp plugin.

It looks like it doesn't take multiple expect/send arguments.  My
apologies - I had a memory that it did.  You'll either have to submit a
patch so that multiple expect/send arguments can be given or roll your own.
Since check_ftp, check_pop and others are all handled by check_tcp,
submitting a patch to handle a sequence of multiple expect/send
arguments would extend the usefulness of several plugins.

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support