check_ftp

nagios at acmecargo.com nagios at acmecargo.com
Thu Feb 26 20:12:51 CET 2004

I though I was clear with my first email. I'll try from a different angle.
I am currently using check_ftp to check the ftp connection, but the plugin
does not specify how to log in and verify the user/pass is working. My
question in my original email was is there a plugin or way with check_ftp
to actually log in with a user/pass to make sure the FTP server is
authenticating properly? Included below is the help output from my
check_ftp plugin.

Dylan

[root at sysmon libexec]# ./check_ftp --help
check_ftp (nagios-plugins 1.3.1) 1.13.2.3
The nagios plugins come with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You may redistribute
copies of the plugins under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.
Copyright (c) 1999 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)

This plugin tests FTP connections with the specified host.

Usage: check_ftp -H host -p port [-w warn_time] [-c crit_time] [-s send_string]
          [-e expect_string] [-q quit_string] [-m maxbytes] [-d delay]
          [-t to_sec] [-v]
  -H, --hostname=ADDRESS
     Host name argument for servers using host headers (use numeric
     address if possible to bypass DNS lookup).
  -p, --port=INTEGER
     Port number
  -s, --send=STRING
     String to send to the server
  -e, --expect=STRING
     String to expect in server response
  -q, --quit=STRING
     String to send server to initiate a clean close of the connection
  -m, --maxbytes=INTEGER
     Close connection once more than this number of bytes are received
  -d, --delay=INTEGER
     Seconds to wait between sending string and polling for response
  -w, --warning=DOUBLE
     Response time to result in warning status (seconds)
  -c, --critical=DOUBLE
     Response time to result in critical status (seconds)
  -t, --timeout=INTEGER
     Seconds before connection times out (default: 10)
  -v, --verbose    Show details for command-line debugging (do not use with
nagios server)
  -h, --help
     Print detailed help screen
  -V, --version