problem in web interface.

prabhu.anandh at wipro.com prabhu.anandh at wipro.com
Fri Feb 27 07:52:26 CET 2004

Hi folks,
I am encountering this problem .when I tried to install nagios in a new
network.as I learnt a lot from previous mistakes,I am still not able to
solve this problem.the web is not authenticating the user and
password.both apache and nagios is running and it tells that 401 error
encountered.
I have .htaccess in /sbin folder and I have made changes to the
httdp.conf file as well.i even disabled the authentication
By setting it to 0 in cgi.cfg   .no matter how long I give the user and
password,I am not able to enter the web page.

Even if I delete the .htaccess file from /sbin it tell that connection
refused.

I need your help and I thank you in advance.if you feel I am  confusing
or if you need some snip,please ask me.

Regards,
Prabhu Anandh