Plugin source?? et-al

Cal Lidderdale cal.lidderdale at mci.com
Thu Feb 26 23:00:04 CET 2004

>Nagios (daemon) ->fork (Nagios) -> child (plugin)

I'm trying to learn how to make this all work - just some minor
details I'm having probles on  :-\

I've written a plugin called check_summ_ct - it starts:
( I'll convert to csc.c later )

    #!/bin/bash
    date  >> /tmp/pup.out
    echo "$1 $2 $3 $4." >> /tmp/pup.out
    echo "-----" >> /tmp/pup.out

    [ call: expect... telnet ... count things ... return ...]  that
    works fine.

------------------------------------

services.cfg ... device def{ ...  has:
           check_command            check_summ_ct!1!2

command.cfg has
command[check_summ_ct]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_summ_ct -H
$HOSTADDRESS$

 The HOSTADDRESS never gets passed to the plugin.   The plugin "runs" but
nothing gets passed

>data is returned by reading the child's stdout/stderr via anon pipe
>

>>Also B. what's the derivation of  Nagios?

No, what does Nagios mean - your cats name?
  Natural Algrorithum for Gathering Input Output Stuff?

:-)