NSCA Install/Config

David Barnett DavidB at etobin.com
Thu Feb 26 16:58:10 CET 2004

Can someone please help walk me through the steps of installing NSCA on
both the client and the nagios server?  Here is what I have done so far:

On client:

I've downloaded the nsca add-on and try to run the following command:

send_nsca -H 10.0.10.124 -c send_nsca.cfg, but I get the error:

Error: Server closed connection before init packet was received

Error: Could not read init packet from server

On server:

I downloaded the nsca daemon and ran ./nsca -c nsca.cfg.  I changed the
nsca.cfg file's allowed hosts to the host's ip address.  I also created
a service to listen for passive checks and with no check command.

How can I get the client to send the passive checks to the daemon
running on the server?  Thanks for any help.

David