Nagios restarts in alert history

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Feb 25 21:41:20 CET 2004

On Wednesday, February 25, 2004 2:10 PM, Hubbard, Russ shared with us:

> Is there anyway to get the nagios stops and starts out of the alert
> history, or even prevent them from showing at all? Thanks.

There's no configuration option for this. I'm sure that you could edit
the source code to remove the sections that add those log entries but I
believe that they are required for the proper functioning of avail.cgi
at the very least. Nagios needs to know when it was and wasn't running
to properly calculate the availability of a host. Removing them would
likely cause problems. YMMV.