check_nrpe and $ARG1$

Miljan Markus cumm at pen.eiu.edu
Mon Feb 23 18:10:21 CET 2004

Thanks for the replies, but I still haven't managed to get it to work.
According to the documentation and all other commands that I have, I
should have the following in the checkcommands.cfg file:

command_name	check_nrpe
command_line		$USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG1$

And the services.cfg file should contain:

check_command	check_nrpe!check_disk

In all of my other commands, the part after the exclamation mark is
$ARG1$, but in the case of check_nrpe, it is not, and I have no way of
finding out what $ARG1$ actually is. I tried using $USERx$, but none of
them worked, I kept getting the same error: "no output from plugin" or
something like that.

I ran the command check_disk -H my_host -c /dev/sda1 on the remote
host, and it works fine, it tells me that I have 83 percent of disk
space available on that partition, so it is not the command, or the
path, or whatever else. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me
know. Thanks again,

Miljan Markus