nrpe

Patrick Soltani PSoltani at iitcorporation.com
Fri Feb 20 22:59:25 CET 2004

Hi,
I have a similar situation, but not with nrpe tho.
If I put the $ARG1$ in the checkcommands.cfg the command will not produce any output, as Nagios will complain. But If I use $USER$ Macros then it works as expected:

So, if I have the following in checkcommands.cfg, then it DOES NOT work
        command_name    check_mssql
        command_line    $USER1$/check_mssql.sh $HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$ $ARG2$ $ARG3$

And the entry in services.cfg
        check_command                   check_mssql!$USER4$!$USER5$!$USER6$

If I replace the line in checkcommands.cfg with:

 command_line    $USER1$/check_mssql.sh $HOSTADDRESS$ $USER4$ $USER5$ $USER6$

Then it works as expected.

I'm assuming that $ARG*$ are just a place holder and at run time they will be replaced with the real values read from $USER*$ variables, right?, no?, maybe?  I'd love to know if that's how it supposed to work...

Regards,
Patrick Soltani.