Log-Rotation running twice

Mika Fischer mika.fischer at to.com
Thu Feb 19 12:19:03 CET 2004

* Marc Powell <marc at ena.com> [2004-02-18 17:03]:
> > So it seems Nagios is rotating the logs twice. And indeed the only
> > entry in the last file is: [1076972398] LOG ROTATION: DAILY
> >
> > Does this ring a bell with anyone? Is it normal behaviour?
> >
> > And does this cause any problems when calculating availability
> > statistics?
>
> Yes, it does. I had this happen to me about a year ago. The FAQ says
> that it can be caused by time slew on the server but that wasn't the
> case for me.

I don't think that is our problem, either.

> At the time I didn't know what was causing it and it
> eventually stopped but looking back now, I suspect that it's caused by
> having multiple nagios processes running. You might try stopping nagios
> then using ps to see if indeed there are other nagios processes still
> hanging out and kill them if there are.

No, that isn't the problem either. Most of the time there's only one process
running as user nagios.

Thanks anyway,
 Mika
Mika Fischer                                          mika.fischer at to.com
Thinking Objects Software GmbH                  phone:  +49.711.88770.154
Lilienthalstraße 2
70825 Stuttgart-Korntal, Germany                fax:    +49.711.88770.449