user authentication in cgi.cfg

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Feb 19 05:49:54 CET 2004

There was certainly much more to that documentation than just changing
the value of that variable. You need to configure your web server, set
up .htaccess (which actually handles the authentication, not Nagios) and
have Nagios contacts set up properly. I'd suggest reading
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/cgiauth.html again. I believe
that's going to solve most if not all of your problems.

--
Marc