user authentication in cgi.cfg

Yao, Jack jyao at aav.com.au
Thu Feb 19 04:09:49 CET 2004

Hi ,

I've read the document about the cgi authentication part and it said to set
up the "use_authentication" to be anything but zero , say 1 in order to
activate the user authenticatin part and I've done just that. I've changed
the value in cgi.cfg and restart nagios service.

Problem is that Nagios still does not ask user to login when access web
interface.  I've looked in FAQ but there is nothing else mentioned beside
setting up that value in cgi.cfg.

The permission I have to nagios for cgi.cfg is 755, is that anything to do
with this ?

ta