Nagios 1.2 monitor process not running

Michael Gale michael.gale at utilitran.com
Wed Feb 18 21:33:58 CET 2004

Hello,

	Ya this one is a pain in the A$$ .. it took my a while to find the problem.
Look in your etc/cgi-cfg file for the line:

nagios_check_command=/home/nagios/libexec/check_nagios
/home/nagios/var/status.log 5 '/home/nagios/bin/nagios'

That is the command and output nagios looks for to see if the process is
running. This does not work on my slackware box. I had to change it to:

nagios_check_command=/home/nagios/libexec/check_nagios -F
/home/nagios/var/status.log -e 5 -C /bin/nagios

Do a ./check_nagios --help to see what all the switches are for.

Michael.

--
Michael Gale
Network Administrator