Monitoring Microsoft servers

Manjunath K. Murthy manjunathk at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 10:32:02 CET 2004

Hi Pooja,

I use Nagios to monitor Weblogic running on Microsoft OS, and the servers are in clusters.

pooja <pooja at induslogic.com> wrote:

Hi

I need to monitor an application (a web application + a pos server) which will be running on multiple servers, which again will be sitting on clusters.

This application will use Microsoft OS, SQL Server and JBoss Appservers, in a distributed environment.

The idea is to have system, application and network level monitoring. There are other levels of monitoring but they’ll need to be achieved from within the application.

I read through the FAQs and understood that it is possible to monitor MS servers through Nagios. But Nagios itself needs to sit on a Linux machine. This is fine with me. My question is “Is this understanding right that I will be able to achieve thread-level monitoring using Nagios in this system?”

I cud not find an official statement that I will.

Right now, I am not struggling with ‘how’, but due to the tight deadline, I cannot spend time on R & D.

Can someone tell me, if Nagios has proven being the same useful tool in MS environment & on clusters?

Thank you

--- Pooja.

Manjunath K. Murthy

+91 98453 48874

Yahoo! India Education Special: Study in the UK now.