Monitoring Microsoft servers

pooja pooja at induslogic.com
Wed Feb 18 09:42:16 CET 2004

Hi

I need to monitor an application (a web application + a pos server)
which will be running on multiple servers, which again will be sitting
on clusters.

This application will use Microsoft OS, SQL Server and JBoss Appservers,
in a distributed environment.

The idea is to have system, application and network level monitoring.
There are other levels of monitoring but they'll need to be achieved
from within the application.

I read through the FAQs and understood that it is possible to monitor MS
servers through Nagios. But Nagios itself needs to sit on a Linux
machine. This is fine with me. My question is "Is this understanding
right that I will be able to achieve thread-level monitoring using
Nagios in this system?"

I cud not find an official statement that I will.

Right now, I am not struggling with 'how', but due to the tight
deadline, I cannot spend time on R & D.

Can someone tell me, if Nagios has proven being the same useful tool in
MS environment & on clusters?

Thank you

--- Pooja.