nagios versus big brother - opinions please.

Larry F Bills larry.bills at mci.com
Tue Feb 17 22:41:13 CET 2004

Ref:

The only complaint I have with nagios is the web status
pages, specifically not being able to set the service or host overview as the
'main' page on login.  It just adds an extra click when I open a new browser
(nagios being my home page now), and isn't that big of a deal

No that really isn't a big deal, as solving it does not involve a compile of code, just a change in the index.html file in the nagios/share directory. To have your main window come up as the System Overview page.... do the following html coding change...

Find the line

<FRAME SRC="main.html" NAME="main">

and replace with (assuming you set the script alias in your web server to "/cgi-bin/nagios"

<FRAME SRC="/cgi-bin/nagios/tac.cgi" NAME="main"

Wal-La you log in to the Overview page.

If you wanted the Status Overview to come up on login replace the above "tac.cgi" with "status.cgi?hostgroup=all" for example, do not include the quotes.

Larry Bills