simple config - check_ping ignores parameters?

Jim Cheetham jim.cheetham at ecosm.com
Mon Feb 16 04:24:29 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 10:06, Jim Cheetham wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 07:40, Subhendu Ghosh wrote:
> > On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Jim Cheetham wrote:
> > > I edited services.cfg to give these services a new threshold
> > > (check_command check_ping!300.0,20%!800.0,60%) and restarted (both with
> > > So, where do I need to look to get the behaviour I'm expecting?
> > > i.e.
> > > 	Warnings, not criticals
> > > 	More appropriate thresholds for these services
>
> > posting snippets of config would help debug...

Didn't post the checkcommands.cfg, which was the cause of the problem :-

define command {
                command_name    check_ping
                command_line   /usr/lib/netsaint/plugins/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 10:20% -c 60:100%
                }

Here was evidence that the check_ping command ignored arguments passwd to it, and I've changed it to :-
command_line    /usr/lib/netsaint/plugins/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$

I'll double-check the origin of the file, and possibly raise a bug with the relevant Debian package maintainer.

-jim