Availability Report incorrect....

Dennis Leiterman leiterman-nagios at leiterman.org
Fri Feb 13 19:56:06 CET 2004

I have nagios set up monitor our dns servers. From the services detail
cgi page everything looks great, both are green and both servers respond
normally to the command line queries (./check_dns -H 149.59.203.6 -s
www.yahoo.com).  When I go to the availability reports web interface,
it shows that the whqvax is 100% undetermined for dns.  Other services
that are showing green are also showing undetermined.  I can't find
out what I am doing wrong.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks
in advance!!!

-Dennis

Below is part of the config files, whqvax show undetermined, ns2
show up ok.

Nagios 1.2
hosts.cfg
# Generic host definition template referenced in other host definitions
define host{
        name            generic-host    ; The name of this host template
        notifications_enabled           1       ; Host notifications are enabled
        event_handler_enabled           1       ; Host event handler is enabled
        flap_detection_enabled          1       ; Flap detection is enabled
        process_perf_data               1       ; Process performance data
        retain_status_information       1       ; Retain status information
        retain_nonstatus_information    1       ; Retain non-status information
        max_check_attempts              10
        check_command                   check-host-alive
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        register                        0       ; DONT REGISTER THIS DEFINITION
        }

# 'Whqvax' host definition
define host{
        use             generic-host            ; Name of host template to use

        host_name               whqvax
        alias                   Vax Server #1
        address                 149.59.203.6
        notification_options    d,r
        }
# ns2 host definition
define host{
        use                     generic-host    ; Template name

        host_name               ns2
        alias                   ns2
        address                 149.59.205.72
        notification_options    d,u,r
        }

services.cfg
# Service definition for dns
define service{
        use                             generic-service ; Service Template

        host_name                       whqvax,ns2
        service_description             DNS
        is_volatile                     0
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            3
        contact_groups                  linux-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_dns
        }